- Published: January 25, 2022
- Updated: January 25, 2022
- University / College: Western Sydney University
- Language: English
- Downloads: 42
The OHSP is an alternative mode of secondary education that uses distance learning. It caters to learners who are unable to attend the regular class program due to physical impairment , work, financial, distance of home to chool, and other justifiable and legitimate reasons.
The program, therefore, is in consonance with the Education for Al(EFA) goal of making every Filipino functionally literate by 2015. It’s philosophy is based on the provision of Batasang Pangbansa (BP) 232 or the education Act of 1982 “ The state shall provide the right of every individual to relevant quality education regardless of sex, age, creed, socio-economic status, physical and mental conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political and other affiliation.”
Since distance learning is it’s ains feature, the program requires that the learner is capable of managing his/her learning. What are the goal and objectives of the OHSP?
The OHSP Is aligned with the School Improvement plan’s (SIP) goal of producing. Functionally literate learner/graduate or one who has a mastery of the basic competencies, capable of problem- solving, and is a productive member of his family and community.
The OHSP as a dropout Reduction Program (DORP) intervention, has the following objectives:
* Provides opportunity to all elementary graduates, high school drop-outs, and successful examinees of the Philippine Educational placement Test (PEPT) to complete secondary education; * Prevents potential school leavers and encourages those who are out of school to finish secondary education; * Reduces high school drop outs and increases participation rate; and * Increase achievement rate through quality distance education.
The paper "What is the open high school program (ohsp) essay sample" was written by a real student and voluntarily submitted to this database. You can use this work as a sample in order to gain inspiration or start the research for your own writing. You aren't allowed to use any part of this example without properly citing it first.
If you are the author of this paper and don't want it to be used on EduPony, contact us for its removal.Ask for Removal
Cite this Essay
EduPony. (2022) 'What is the open high school program (ohsp) essay sample'. 25 January.
EduPony. (2022, January 25). What is the open high school program (ohsp) essay sample. Retrieved from https://edupony.com/what-is-the-open-high-school-program-ohsp-essay-sample/
EduPony. 2022. "What is the open high school program (ohsp) essay sample." January 25, 2022. https://edupony.com/what-is-the-open-high-school-program-ohsp-essay-sample/.
1. EduPony. "What is the open high school program (ohsp) essay sample." January 25, 2022. https://edupony.com/what-is-the-open-high-school-program-ohsp-essay-sample/.
EduPony. "What is the open high school program (ohsp) essay sample." January 25, 2022. https://edupony.com/what-is-the-open-high-school-program-ohsp-essay-sample/.
"What is the open high school program (ohsp) essay sample." EduPony, 25 Jan. 2022, edupony.com/what-is-the-open-high-school-program-ohsp-essay-sample/.
If you have any suggestions on how to improve What is the open high school program (ohsp) essay sample, please do not hesitate to contact us. We want to know more: [email protected]