Essay, 4 pages (850 words)

Robbery police foundations program (canada)

Sanam Mukhtar Presented to Topic ROBBERY – police foundations program (Canada) January 18, 2008 Robbery Robbery refers to illegal possession, attempt over one’s property or cash by violence, threat of force or any influencing force with or without injury. For instance, bank robbery, shop robbery, snatching, looting, train robbery etc. Robbery is an unethical deed that is not only prohibited by law but also prohibited in religion perspective. There is no religion in this world which allows this criminal act. It might result in complete property or cash loss, with or without weapon, and with or without injury.
Nature and percentage of robbery in various countries vary from time to time. Faulkner shared his views for United States as Robbery-related injuries constitute a major risk for convenience store workers in the United States. Studies that focus on the injury outcomes associated with convenience store robbery are extremely limited in number.
Robbers make their plans and strategies with respect to their targets. It has been observed that robbers are mostly aware of wealth status and routine of their targets. Most of the time, Cash-in-transit vans are being targeted. Mr. Gill defined the same statement as Cash-in-transit vans are an attractive target for robbers because they are lucrative.
Rate of robberies and crimes such as armed robberies, crimes committed by employees, commercial crime, are not controllable even in countries like United States of America then third world countries stand no where. Robbers, who are lost in greed, do not care for one’s life for the sake of money. Robbery is a result of being associated or friendly to extremist people. After a few robberies, robbers become habitual of crimes and robbery becomes their nature.
Individual robbery is the most common type of robbery. Robbers mostly target citizens who travel in cars, walk in streets, in subways, at ATMs and other quite locations. One should not tend to resist robbery in order to avoid injury or any other uncertainty. Robbers use weapons like pistils, guns, knives in most of the cases and can cause a major loss. Statistical median says that in all robberies, chances of facing a weapon is 60% while probability of not facing any weapon hardly touches 40%. Pistils and guns are most commonly used in robberies nowadays.
It is well said by Gert Fourie that It is much easier to obtain money through armed robberies than it is to win in a casino. The success rate of arrests made by the Police is 7% in armed robbery cases. Fourie added, Chances are 90% that somebody will get injured or even murdered in every robbery that occurs.
In Canada, many remedies were planned and executed to control the crime rate. As per Gar Mauser, Robberies cost individual Canadian citizens about $90 million per year [Fraser Institute, 1996]. $90 million Canadian dollars. Between $40 and $50 million US. Not only from 2003, but since long this issue remained hot. In Ontario, Police Learning System Advisory Committee along with Ministry of Education and Training, took an initiative to establish Police Foundations Canada (PSC) to polish and enhance required skills and knowledge to meet the standards of Ontario Constable Selection so that graduates become successful in police line and to perform best in; Ontario Police Services, Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Canadian Military Police, or out-of-province police services, hospital security, casino security, By-Law Enforcement, Campus police, Private Police and Investigators, and asset management protection. Course outline of Police Foundation Program (PFP) is characterized with particular requirements. One must pass the hearing standards and physical fitness evaluation to join the program. The motive of Canadian Police Foundation Course (CPFC) is to make sure that graduates get complete command over; Investigation Techniques, Police Powers, Community Policing and Traffic Management, issues faced by Canadians, knowledge of federal, provincial and municipal governments, knowledge of legislative processes, generic skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills and all possible remedies to establish safe and secure procedures. Canadian Police Foundation (CPF) played a very vital role in Canada’s overall national crime rate that hit its lowest point in over 25 years in 2006 (based on incidents reported to police). Canadian Government is following a right strategy and prevention to meet the solutions of their crime rate in Canada
Public Safety Canada (PSC), based on National Crime Prevention Strategy (NCPS), was established in 2003 to tackle robbery and other crime cases due to 6% increase in crime rate that had increased in 2003. Establishment of Public Safety Canada (PSC) was the best prevention strategy and a complete solution for national security and the safety of Canadians. Right strategies and preventions are the only reason of national crime rate that hit its lowest point in over 25 years in 2006. Canadians feel secure due to such prevention strategies.
Works Cited
Faulkner, Kimberly; Landsittel, Douglas; Hendricks, Scott. Robbery-Related Injury in Convenience Stores: Estimating Lifetime Risk and Identifying High-Risk Populations. December 1998. Home page. 17 January 2008 GILL M. The Craft of Robbers of Cash-in-transit Vans: Crime Facilitators and the Entrepreneurial Approach. 1 March 2002. Home Page. 17 January 2008 Fourie, Gert. Prevention Of Armed Robberies And Intelligence. 2006. Home page. 17 January 2008 Mauser, Gary. Does Gun Control Reduce Criminal Violence An Econometric Evaluation of Canadian Firearm Laws. November 2002. Home page. 18 January 2008

Thanks for Voting!
Robbery police foundations program (canada). Page 1
Robbery police foundations program (canada). Page 2
Robbery police foundations program (canada). Page 3
Robbery police foundations program (canada). Page 4
Robbery police foundations program (canada). Page 5

The paper "Robbery police foundations program (canada)" was written by a real student and voluntarily submitted to this database. You can use this work as a sample in order to gain inspiration or start the research for your own writing. You aren't allowed to use any part of this example without properly citing it first.

If you are the author of this paper and don't want it to be used on EduPony, contact us for its removal.

Ask for Removal
Cite this Essay


EduPony. (2022) 'Robbery police foundations program (canada)'. 4 February.


EduPony. (2022, February 4). Robbery police foundations program (canada). Retrieved from https://edupony.com/robbery-police-foundations-program-canada/


EduPony. 2022. "Robbery police foundations program (canada)." February 4, 2022. https://edupony.com/robbery-police-foundations-program-canada/.

1. EduPony. "Robbery police foundations program (canada)." February 4, 2022. https://edupony.com/robbery-police-foundations-program-canada/.


EduPony. "Robbery police foundations program (canada)." February 4, 2022. https://edupony.com/robbery-police-foundations-program-canada/.

Work Cited

"Robbery police foundations program (canada)." EduPony, 4 Feb. 2022, edupony.com/robbery-police-foundations-program-canada/.

Contact EduPony

If you have any suggestions on how to improve Robbery police foundations program (canada), please do not hesitate to contact us. We want to know more: [email protected]