- Published: January 26, 2022
- Updated: January 26, 2022
- Language: English
- Downloads: 31
1. Four factors that affect an organisations approach to attracting talent are:
* Expansion – A company that keeps expanding attracts a lot of new talent who want job security and promotion prospects.
* Development opportunities – A company who offer learning and development opportunities will attract a lot of talent who want to learn new skills to better their career. Without training prospects a lot of talent will be lost.
* Salary – A company with lower levels of salary wouldn’t attract as much talent as higher levels of pay. Workers want their hard work to reflect in their wages.
* Benefits packages – A company with good benefits package also attracts talent. People want to see what the company offers to safeguard and assist their employees.
2. Three organisation benefits of attracting and retaining a diverse workforce are:
* A varied array of employees means different levels of skills and knowledge, enabling each sector of an organisation to excel.
* A diverse workforce means people possess different attitudes and values whether these values are derived from race, religion or even nationality. When all brought together can benefit the company when dealing with a wide range of people and even internationally.
* Creativity and productivity would increase. People with different backgrounds have different ways of thinking. Enabling different views and ideas to emerge.
3. Factors that affect an organisations approach to recruitment and selection are:
* Skill shortages – Looking at what areas of the company are lacking in skills, giving the Human Resource department the chance to set Person Specifications and Job Descriptions based on what skills they require.
* Recruitment requirements – How much the company can afford to spend on recruitment, how many people need to be recruited, what position entails and pay level it should have.
* The economy – This affects the number of people applying for positions. In a recession there will be more applicants.
* Company’s image – The amount of applicants will depend on the image the company has. If the company has a respectable image there will be a higher number of applicants.
4. Three different types of recruitment and selections methods and their benefits are:
Advertising a vacancy with Recruitment Agencies can be very beneficial to any company as the agencies will already have a large number of candidates on file ready to be selected based on the criteria which you have dictated to your representative. The agency will then look through their possible candidates and select only the ones which are suited to the position and person specification you have provided, this will save a lot of time for the company.
Advertising on the company website.
Advertising a vacancy on the company website is very cost effective to any company. It allows people who are interested specifically in your company to keep up to date with any upcoming vacancies. It proves that the people applying in this way are already keen to work for this employer hence why they were on the website in the first place.
Newspaper advertisements can also be very beneficial to any company because you are able to attract local talent who are looking for a new challenge in their area. Newspapers allow flexibility when placing a job advertisement allowing you to choose where you would like this to be placed in the paper, what size it should be and what should be written. This can help you keep to your budget by placing small but to the point advertisements. Another benefit of the newspaper is that it is easy accessible, you don’t need to have internet access to view it and it can be read anytime anywhere.
Interviewing prospective new employees has a great benefit for any employer it allows them to expand their knowledge on the points mentioned in application forms or CV’s. It enables the employer to get a better understanding of why the candidate believes they are suitable for the position and also allows them to get a feel for the person’s personality and to verify any information they think is unclear from the applications or CV’s. An interview also benefits both the company and potential employee by finding out how interested the candidate is, not only regarding the vacancy but also the company they are looking to work within. It allows room for the candidate to ask questions to the employer to ensure they are 100% certain that the position is suitable for them.
An application form is a beneficial way to rule out unlikely candidates for a position without wasting time with interviews. It allows the recruiter to find out all the information they require through a carefully selected number of questions. An application form usually comes before interviewing it can help to choose the shortlist of candidates who will be interviewed.
A number of different assessments from psychometric testing to presentations can be carried out to assess a candidate’s behaviour in different situations. This can benefit the company by giving a more comprehensive picture of each candidate. They can then use the answers to compare each candidate and find out who is more suited for the role.
5. Three purposes of an induction and how they each benefit the organisation and its employees:
* An induction usually starts by giving information regarding the company’s background and structure, the company’s values and also the company’s products and services. This benefits the employer by giving them the opportunity to tell all new employees how the company is run, where it began and also where it intends to be in say 5 or 10 years time. This will also benefit the new employee by showing them where they will fit in with the company’s progression route and allows them to learn the company’s values.
* Health and safety training is another major part of an induction. It benefits both the employer and employees by covering all policies and procedures set out by the company and makes them aware about what needs to be done and who needs to be contacted in an emergency. It is an opportunity for the employer to give the names of the Health and Safety Officer and the Fire Marshall and to show where the fire exits and meeting points are located.
* A brief introduction to the IT systems is another beneficial part of an induction. It allows logins and passwords to be given to each new employee allowing IT to check all new employees have the relevant access they require to get on with their new position. This benefits both the company and new employee by having these minor technical problems smoothed out and ready to start their job the next day.
The paper "Resourcing talent – talent planning in an organisation essay sample" was written by a real student and voluntarily submitted to this database. You can use this work as a sample in order to gain inspiration or start the research for your own writing. You aren't allowed to use any part of this example without properly citing it first.
If you are the author of this paper and don't want it to be used on EduPony, contact us for its removal.Ask for Removal
Cite this Essay
EduPony. (2022) 'Resourcing talent – talent planning in an organisation essay sample'. 26 January.
EduPony. (2022, January 26). Resourcing talent – talent planning in an organisation essay sample. Retrieved from https://edupony.com/resourcing-talent-talent-planning-in-an-organisation-essay-sample/
EduPony. 2022. "Resourcing talent – talent planning in an organisation essay sample." January 26, 2022. https://edupony.com/resourcing-talent-talent-planning-in-an-organisation-essay-sample/.
1. EduPony. "Resourcing talent – talent planning in an organisation essay sample." January 26, 2022. https://edupony.com/resourcing-talent-talent-planning-in-an-organisation-essay-sample/.
EduPony. "Resourcing talent – talent planning in an organisation essay sample." January 26, 2022. https://edupony.com/resourcing-talent-talent-planning-in-an-organisation-essay-sample/.
"Resourcing talent – talent planning in an organisation essay sample." EduPony, 26 Jan. 2022, edupony.com/resourcing-talent-talent-planning-in-an-organisation-essay-sample/.
If you have any suggestions on how to improve Resourcing talent – talent planning in an organisation essay sample, please do not hesitate to contact us. We want to know more: [email protected]