- Published: November 25, 2021
- Updated: November 25, 2021
- Language: English
- Downloads: 50
Whitney Houston has always been of my favorite artists. Topic Reveal: Today I am going to tell you a little about the life of Whitney Houston. Preview Statement: After discussing my three main points, you will understand why she is one of my favorite artists. My three main points are her early years and being discovered, her fame, and the end of hercareer.
I. Whitney Houston had the mentality of becoming a singer since birth.
- Whitney was born August 9, 1963, in Newark, New Jersey.
- Everyone she was brought up around had some kind of musical talent.
- Her mother was the choir minister, which is where Whitney started.
- Her cousin Dionne Warwick and her godmother Aretha Franklin were both in themusicindustry also.
- Whitney was working on her own record deal at the age of 15.
- While working on her record deal she was also being discovered by a photographer.
- She later became a teenage model.
- Becoming the first African American woman to appear on the cover of Seventeen Magazine.
- By the time she reached age 19, Whitney was discovered by Clive Davis.
- He took her from the gospel stage to pop life.
- In 1983, Whitney was appearing on TV shows and performing. (Transition: Now that we know a little about Whitney’s early years and how she was discovered, let us talk about her fame. )
II. It was then all aboutmoneyand fame.
- It did not take much before Whitney became a big sensation.
- In 1985, she released her debut album Whitney Houston
- A year later the fame and the Grammy’s started rolling in.
- She released her second album Whitney that went platinum and won Grammy’s.
- Everything that glitters isn’t gold.
- Whitney then thought she was on top of the world.
- She then married Bobby Brown of New Edition.
- She struggled with drugs andhealthproblems. Her career hit a big downfall. (Transition: Finally Yet Importantly we are going to talk about the end of Whitney’s career.
III. There is always room for improvement.
- Whitney felt the need for a comeback.
- She worked on the remake of the musical film Sparkle.
- She had been said to join The X Factor as a judge.
- Unfortunately, she didn’t make it to see those days.
- Whitney died on February 11, 2012, in Los Angeles.
- That was a sad day in the music industry. Conclusion Today we have looked at the good and bad in Whitney Houston’s life. From the money and fame to the heartaches and pain. We now know the life of the legendary Whitney Houston.