- Published: October 15, 2022
- Updated: October 15, 2022
- University / College: University of Oklahoma
- Language: English
- Downloads: 47
– This paper clearly identifies the story and author with a brief description of the story and theme. If the introduction were to be improved, the author may wish to lead with a more attention getting line and express the theme a bit more.
– Yes, the author states that literary elements drive the plot. The author wishes to examine elements of irony. The thesis statement has a bit of a choppy sentence structure that could be improved.
– Yes, Yes, I would add some more examples of irony since the author stated that this was their primary focus.
– I would give a few more examples of these elements from the story, quotes from the story may be helpful in explaining these concepts
– No, no, no
– No, I feel that there could be a better conclusion, I would emphasize the thesis again and why it is important to the reader. I would also give a brief summary of the concepts covered in the paper.
– There is only one quotation and no citations. I would suggest adding these.
– Yes, I would add citations in areas of the paper that link directly to the story, for example So SHE vanquished them, horse and foot, just as she and vanquished their fathers thirty years before about the smell. Quotation marks are also needed here if this is a direct quote.
– I was only able to identify one direct quote from the paper. I would add some more to support the thesis. Also remember to use quotation marks and citations.
– The paper doesn’t specify any additional resources. I would research some applicable examples of how this story could relate to today’s reader through its use of literary elements and theme.
– Yes, the paper primarily analyzes the story without over summarization.
– I feel that this writer is on the right track. They have effectively identified key literary concepts within the story; I would just suggest backing up these observations a bit more with examples and facts from other resources.
The paper "Essay on “a rose for emily” critique" was written by a real student and voluntarily submitted to this database. You can use this work as a sample in order to gain inspiration or start the research for your own writing. You aren't allowed to use any part of this example without properly citing it first.
If you are the author of this paper and don't want it to be used on EduPony, contact us for its removal.Ask for Removal
Cite this Essay
EduPony. (2022) 'Essay on "a rose for emily" critique'. 15 October.
EduPony. (2022, October 15). Essay on "a rose for emily" critique. Retrieved from https://edupony.com/essay-on-a-rose-for-emily-critique/
EduPony. 2022. "Essay on "a rose for emily" critique." October 15, 2022. https://edupony.com/essay-on-a-rose-for-emily-critique/.
1. EduPony. "Essay on "a rose for emily" critique." October 15, 2022. https://edupony.com/essay-on-a-rose-for-emily-critique/.
EduPony. "Essay on "a rose for emily" critique." October 15, 2022. https://edupony.com/essay-on-a-rose-for-emily-critique/.
"Essay on "a rose for emily" critique." EduPony, 15 Oct. 2022, edupony.com/essay-on-a-rose-for-emily-critique/.
If you have any suggestions on how to improve Essay on “a rose for emily” critique, please do not hesitate to contact us. We want to know more: [email protected]