- Published: November 20, 2022
- Updated: November 20, 2022
- Language: English
- Downloads: 44
Significance of high cheekbones & a prominent chin: Aesthetic point of view
In the world of today, “ selfie” has become kind of an obsession and being active on “ social media” and showing off your so called “ cool social life” has become an obligation! In such a world today, having been able to possess ‘ attractive facial features’ is a must, be it men or women.
It has been shown beyond doubt, that ‘ facial symmetry’ is one of the benchmarks, by which attractiveness of a face can be recognized. However, there are found to be many other factors which are responsible for making a face look appealing. The face is the first thing that catches the attention of a passer by, friend or a foe.
Who doesn’t want to look attractive? Nowadays, people use certain kind of beauty creams, wear makeup; so as to look appealing and presentable. In the world of today, your ‘ persona’ with which you carry yourself, can get you brownie points in the field that you belong to! Having a good, magnificent and presentable personality is one of the most compelling things that can get you one step closer towards achieving recognition in your particular field. In order to look presentable, you ought to possess ‘ attractive facial features’ as they say!
Apart from these artificial beautifying measures such as beauty creams, makeup etc, there are some facial features that can make you look charismatic naturally. Having sharp facial features makes one look good and attractive. High cheekbones, wide-set eyes, a small nose and a prominent chin are believed to make one look appealing. Beauty does not have set parameters as such. It depends on how one perceives beauty.
The Science of Attraction
Researchers from a University at Sweden have propounded that our conclusions on whether we find someone charming may be as a result of hormones that we are exposed to in utero or at the time of puberty, our dependence on visual information, the way our brains advanced systems to identify/perceive/process different stimuli and/or our wish to transfer “ attractive genes” to our progeny so that they might have higher chances of finding a mate and resultant reproductive conquest.
As per an extensive research done by a University at Germany, the thing that everyone finds sexually appealing in the opposite sex is symmetry. This holds true for human as well as animal kingdoms. Faces having great degree of symmetry are classically believed to be more attractive and symmetry has been linked with good health and genetic quality. Distinct digressions from this mean are said to denote lack of general well-being or ill-health. It is of our good interest to mate with somebody with best possible genes. And this will in turn be transferred to our children, making certain that we have healthy kids, who will pass our own genes on for the generations to come.
High cheekbonesare the zygomatic bones in the face of primates, which in some people may be more notable than others, resulting in the upper part of the cheeks to protrude and form a line cut into the side of the face. High cheekbones, producing a symmetrical face contour, are quite common in fashion divas and is said to be a ‘ beauty trait’. High cheekbones develop with age and denote that a woman is old enough to be able to reproduce. In case of males, prominent facial features like a strong jaw and chin, high cheekbones indicate high level of testosterone and are believed to be attractive physical characteristics in many cultures.
Some fortunate people are naturally gifted with these attractive facial features while the others have to undergo certain procedures in order to be able to possess sharp facial features and look appealing. Let’s have a look at these varied treatments and procedures:
Filler injectionsare non surgical soft tissue fillers approved as medical devices by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA). These are injected into the skin and help filling the lost volume of the skin. The most common areas that get exposed to these injections are the cheeks, cheekbones and chin.
Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic acid)is the commonest constituent of an injectable filler.
Juvederm Voluma: Juvederm Voluma with Lidocaine is the latest of the Juvederm range of injectable fillers produced by Allergan that is made up of hyaluronic acid gel and a naturally occurring substance in the skin. These are specially created to reinstate volume in the regions of volume loss. Also, due to its skillfulness it provides a definition to the jaw line as well.
- It restores deep volume loss and smoothes the mid-face.
- Revives sunken areas around the cheek region.
- Gives volume and a youthful contour/appearance to the chin.
Juvederm Voluma can last up to 1 and a half year (18 months) which may vary from person to person. Individuals with facial volume loss as a result of ageing, sudden unexplained weight loss or certain problems like facial droop or asymmetry may assist from the treatment with Juvederm Voluma.
Average length of filler injections is approximately 10 to 20 minutes per session, based on the individual and the amount being treated. These require minimal downtime, permitting patients to resume work and their normal activities directly following treatment.
Cheek & Chin Augmentation: Surgical Techniques
Cheek implants or perhaps Cheek enlargement is a sort of plastic surgical treatment and that is accomplished as a way to highlight this cheeks while on an individual’s face. A plastic surgeon may perhaps place a great implant in the cheekbone for this purpose. These types of implants increase the projection in the cheekbones. Ripped or perhaps recessed cheek places may perhaps turn out seeking richer because of the added amount due to enlargement. Cheek Augmentation is mostly amalgamated using some other techniques including Face lift or perhaps face enlargement.
Cheek implants may perhaps consist involving distinct sort of components. The most typical is solid silicone. Additionally, 2 additional options are generally high-density porous polyethylene, also known as Medpor, and ePTFE (expanded polytetrafluoroethylene), also called Gore-Tex.
Three different shapes:
- Malar – This kind of is probably the most common of them all. These types of implants are placed entirely on this cheek bone tissues. Due to that the cheeks become more prominent and “ higher contour” sideways in the face.
- Submalar – These kind of implants usually are not intended to become positioned on this cheekbones. These are set up pertaining to supplementing this midface, especially when a person is having emaciated appearance or perhaps “ skinny” physical appearance to this particular place.
- Combined – Extensive implants which might be useful for augmenting equally, this cheekbones plus the mid-face.
Exactly how would be the Cheek Implants placed?
- An incision is made by a Facial Plastic surgeon inside upper oral cavity on the the top gum line and the implants are generally slid in the spot.
- Implants can be placed by means of doing the outside incision on the eye, but the drawback being, it could possibly build an apparent scar. That’s why majority of sufferers do not prefer this method.
- Although, this intra-oral (inside this mouth) technique will involve a much better danger involving contamination for the reason that oral cavity has a lot more number of microorganisms.
- Cheek implant surgical procedure is generally executed immediately after giving sedation or perhaps common anesthesia and it will take about one to two hrs.
- Patient generally recovers within 10 days.
Chin Implants/ Chin Augmentation:
Chin enlargement is performed with the help of Chin Implants. This is a sort of surgical treatment that may change/modify the basic structure in the face. This kind of change therefore allocates far better sense of balance to the facial features. This peculiar medical terminologies –GenioplastyandMentoplastyare used to indicate the addition and decrease in the material to a patient’s chin. This will lead to reduction in the chin height or chin rounding by osteotomy, or chin augmentation with the help of implants.
This kind of surgical procedure is a lot of the times, executed before Rhinoplasty (Nose job), that assists in balancing the facial proportions. This process accentuates the real key characteristic in the lower part of the face by means of improving it’s shape, height, width and prominence. A lot of the sufferers are searching for addressing a poor or perhaps undefined chin which “ blends into the neck” too much (microgenia). This can be of disquietude as it has more effect on the patient’s side profile which enables it to help to make this nose seem nastily larger and much more visible. As a issue involving simple fact, sufferers have seen the effective improvement in their facial outline from chin implants on your own, in lieu of considering a lot more complex course of action involving Rhinoplasty (Nose surgery).
When we examine the patient’s face on the the front, aesthetic preferences will be determined by gender. A masculine chin is generally wider and square shaped, so that the face has resemblance to a rectangle or square. A feminine chin is mostly narrower, such that it bears resemblance with an inverted triangle.
Chin enlargement is a relatively easy procedure for the affected individual while resulting in notable improvements in the delineation of the face. This sort of surgical procedure is mostly executed by the oral maxillofacial surgeon, plastic surgeon or perhaps otolaryngologist.
What is the Procedure for placing Chin Implants?
This surgical treatment can be executed in a surgeon’s clinic, a hospital, or perhaps the outpatient clinic.
X-rays of the patient; s chin and face will likely be obtained. The doctor will certainly find out what part of the chin to operate upon, making use of these X-rays.
If your implant is merely needed to round out the chin:
- The affected individual may be given general anesthesia (asleep and pain-free), or perhaps he/she may be provided with a medicine such that the place becomes numb, along with a medicine that will cause them to relaxed and sleepy.
- A cut is made, either inside the oral cavity or outside under the chin. And in front of the chin bone and beneath the muscles, a pocket is created. This implant is positioned inside.
- The cosmetic surgeon may perhaps use real bone tissue or perhaps fat tissue, or perhaps the implant made out of plastic, Teflon, Dacron, or perhaps newer biological inserts.
- The implant is generally affixed to the bone tissue using screws or perhaps sutures.
- Sutures are utilized for closing the wound. When the cut in inside the oral cavity, the scar is hardly visible.
At times, there may often be the necessity to move few bony tissues:
- The course of action will likely be accomplished under general anesthesia.
- The cosmetic surgeon can make the incision inside the patient’s oral cavity along the lower gum. This provides entrance for the chin bone.
- Second incision through the jaw bone can be made if you use a chisel or a bone. This jaw bone is moved and wired or perhaps screwed in place.
- Closure of the incision is done using stitches and a bandage is applied. Because the surgical procedure is accomplished within the patient’s oral cavity, these scar problems won’t become apparent.
- The procedure will take around 1 to 3 hrs.
The paper "Cosmetic surgery for cheekbones and chin" was written by a real student and voluntarily submitted to this database. You can use this work as a sample in order to gain inspiration or start the research for your own writing. You aren't allowed to use any part of this example without properly citing it first.
If you are the author of this paper and don't want it to be used on EduPony, contact us for its removal.Ask for Removal
Cite this Essay
EduPony. (2022) 'Cosmetic surgery for cheekbones and chin'. 20 November.
EduPony. (2022, November 20). Cosmetic surgery for cheekbones and chin. Retrieved from https://edupony.com/cosmetic-surgery-for-cheekbones-and-chin/
EduPony. 2022. "Cosmetic surgery for cheekbones and chin." November 20, 2022. https://edupony.com/cosmetic-surgery-for-cheekbones-and-chin/.
1. EduPony. "Cosmetic surgery for cheekbones and chin." November 20, 2022. https://edupony.com/cosmetic-surgery-for-cheekbones-and-chin/.
EduPony. "Cosmetic surgery for cheekbones and chin." November 20, 2022. https://edupony.com/cosmetic-surgery-for-cheekbones-and-chin/.
"Cosmetic surgery for cheekbones and chin." EduPony, 20 Nov. 2022, edupony.com/cosmetic-surgery-for-cheekbones-and-chin/.
If you have any suggestions on how to improve Cosmetic surgery for cheekbones and chin, please do not hesitate to contact us. We want to know more: [email protected]